Saturday, January 29, 2011

Indian Musical Instrument Seller Recommendation: ExoticHub


It’s not always easy, having the leap of faith to trust a seller you have never met. That is why it is so important to go off of the recommendation of someone you trust. Therefore; when looking for a seller of Indian musical instruments from whom I could purchase multiple items I trusted my voice teacher’s referral (Guru Haresh Bakshi of soundofindia.com ) and went with Exotichub on eBay.


Sitar


Since my first purchase of an Esraj almost 3 years ago, I have gone on to buy harmoniums, dilrubas, various percussion, more esrajs and most recently – jori (Sikh pakhawaj).  I have placed a total of six separate orders with them and have never been disappointed. In fact, I find their business practices to be among the most ethical on eBay. 


Harmonium

Dilruba

They have considerable customer service skills and communication is prompt and always polite. They ship with lightning fast speed and their quality is the best you can find without spending at least five times the amount they charge. In short; if you have never purchased an Indian instrument before, or are looking to expand your collection, I highly recommend Exotichub

1 comment:

  1. I feel that I should update this entry, since it is the blog that gets the most attention on this site.

    It has been well over a year since I posted this and my recommendation still remains an emphatic endorsement. I have developed a nice relationship with the ExoticHub folks and continue to business with them regularly. As my teaching practice has grown so has my need for instruments and I haven't been let down yet.

    ReplyDelete